■ 공고게시 기간 : 2017-07-17 ~ 2017-08-04
■ 채용유형 : 신입/경력
◆ Legal Counsel 채용
- 국내/외 Project 관련 법무 업무
- 계약서 검토 및 Legal Consulting
- 분쟁해결 및 소송 지원
※ 상세내용 하단 참조
1. Job Description
1) Title : Legal Counsel, Legal & Compliance Team
2) Location : Seoul, S. Korea
3) Role synopsis
This role sits with the Legal & Compliance Team in Korea. The team provides a full range of commercial and regulatory legal support
for its significant transactional activities (various projects project including JVs and M&As) and its day to day supply and trading activities.
4) Key accountabilities
- Providing legal advice to the Company on complex legal issues which may have significant implications on business performance
- Providing day-to-day transactional assistance in the nature of drafting and supporting the negotiation of
physical and paper commodities purchase and sale agreements, transportation and project agreements;
advising as to the relevant laws and regulations applicable to commodities transactions in a variety of jurisdictions
- Advising on new projects and strategic initiatives including the expansion of the business into new markets and jurisdictions
- Handling a variety of disputes relating to trading contracts and claims
- Reviewing, drafting and supporting the negotiation of financing agreements, such as loan and guarantee agreements
- Providing regulatory and contractual advice to business activities in multiple jurisdictions, including China
- Instructing, managing and liaising with external counsel in a variety of jurisdictions and support disputes
- Working closely with and establishing good working relationships with the legal colleagues in Seoul HQ and outside counsel
2. Job Requirements
1) Essential Education
The candidate must have a law degree (JD for US, LLB for other common law jurisdiction) from an accredited law school,
together with a qualification to practice law in major common law jurisdictions
(e.g. a US state bar, England & Wales or another common law jurisdiction including Australia and New Zealand)
2) Essential experience
- Proven track record with experience of working as a lawyer either in house, in a private practice firm or government would be beneficial
- An ability to understand and identify legal issues and develop proposals which clearly define and mitigate risk
while demonstrating commercial awareness and legal compliance.
- Client counselling, negotiation and transactional abilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with self-confidence,
initiative and the desire and ability to handle a complex set of challenging responsibilities.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously with often conflicting deadlines.
- Excellent legal and business judgment, project management, and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work proactively with clients and other functions of the Company
- A proven track record as a team player.
- Fluency (reading/writing/speaking) in Korean is essential.
- Proficiency in other languages (e.g. Chinese) would be advantageous
- International travel required
- Highest professional and ethical standards
- Sensitivity to cultural differences.
3. Employement Information
- Full-time, term contract basis (one year and renewal basis)
- Employer : SK Global Chemical ( SK종합화학 )
SK Global Chemical Co., ltd (“SKGC”) is one of the leading petrochemical companies in Korea,
with a product portfolio encompassing olefins, aromatics, performance chemicals, polymers and EPDM.
SKGC operates production facilities in Korea and China, and its global sales network encompasses major regions
including North America, South America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
SKGC has been expanding its global presence by establishing joint-ventures with, and acquiring assets from,
the major global petrochemical in China, Japan, Saudi Arabia and the United States.
SKGC has strategic interest to expand globally, including in the United States and Europe.
SKGC is part of SK Innovation Company within SK Group’s energy and chemical business segment.
SK Group is the 3rd largest conglomerate in Korea. SK Group operates three major segments,
(1) energy & chemicals, (2) information, telecommunication and semiconductors and (3) marketing & services,
with energy and chemicals segment representing the largest portion of the revenue.
It is to be noted that employment relationship may be transferred to other affiliates within SK Innovation Companies
(including SK Innovation, SK Energy, SK Lubricants and SK Trading International) as the legal teams of these companies
are virtually integrated under the Legal Department of SK Innovation, a holding company of SK Group’s Energy and Petrochemical businesses.
4. For application, please include your resume, transcript and writing sample (Upload files by “Portfolio” menu).